Three New Restaurants Coming to SMU Blvd.

Nodding Donkey, Torchy’s Tacos, and World of Beer will fill out the retail space of the soon to be opened BLVD building, at SMU Boulevard (get it?) and Greenville Avenue.

The Nodding Donkey will be the second location of the popular Uptown bar, the Torchy’s will be the third Dallas location of the Austin-based shop, and World of Beer’s location will be the second in Texas.

The BLVD is a mixed-use development with 417 residential units in addition to 9,100-square feet of commercial space on the ground level. Residents are expected to start moving in in May.

By Bradford Pearson Apr. 25, 2012 | 2:46 pm | 6 Comments | Comments RSS
6 comments to "Three New Restaurants Coming to SMU Blvd."
  1. Honcho @ April 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    World of Beer. I thought that is what had been envisioned for Hillcrest Avenue in University Park, not SMU Boulevard in Dallas. I feel cheated. I wanted so much to live in a World of Beer. And strippers.

2. UPDad @ April 26, 2012 at 8:23 am
    @Honcho, that’s pretty funny!

3. XT @ April 26, 2012 at 9:30 am
    Honcho, don’t forget hookers. Although maybe they didn’t want the hookers around SMU, what with Craig James having killed 5 hookers and all.

4. [...] Bradford Pearson made me aware that three new restaurants (Torchy’s Tacos, Nodding Donkey, and World of Beer) have just signed leases at the new retail space called BLVD, at SMU Boulevard and Greenville Avenue. [...]

5. Torchness @ April 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    Got any info on parking down there? Will there be a parking garage? It’s already hard to park for Milo’s or Barley House or Twisted Root, I’d love to try these new places but if parking is the same, no thanks!

6. Bradford Pearson @ April 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    Torchness- I believe it’s underground parking, but I could be wrong.