Sidewalks up For Debate at Tomorrow’s Meeting

You may also like...

  • Avid Reader

    What does the law actually say regarding sidewalk and right-of-way improvements for building permits valued over $10,000? What burden is put on people if they are over the $10,000?

  • Sarah Bennett

    Avid Reader:

    Thanks for the question. The University Park website states that the law currently “requires property owners to repair damaged sections of sidewalk and remove any encroachments within the rights-of-way (ROW) when a building permit valued in excess of $10,000 is issued.” But, the law “does not identify the types of permits where these sections are applied.” So, the discussion is whether or not to specify what types of permits apply, or increase the value amount identified. Hope that helps!

  • Avid Reader

    Ah…thanks for the clarification Sarah, much appreciated.