Freelance Reporters and Photographers
People Newspapers is seeking smart, self-motivated freelance reporters and photographers for our monthly newspapers. Freelancers must be able to meet provided deadlines. Previous published journalism experience is preferred. Applicants must provide at least three samples of work. Knowledge of AP Style is necessary. WordPress experience is a plus. For writers, the ability to meet with sources in person is not mandatory but is preferred. Photographers must have flexible schedules and means of transportation. Demonstrated knowledge of our coverage area and audiences is preferable.
To apply, email a cover letter, your resume, and work samples to [email protected].
People Newspapers Assistant Editor
People Newspapers, a D Magazine affiliate, is seeking an Assistant Editor to support the Editor in overseeing and stewarding the publication of our two monthly community newspapers, Park Cities People and Preston Hollow People, as well as ancillary publications both in print and online.
• Reporting and writing for print and online publications
• Assist in assigning and editing stories for both editions
• Work with Editor and writers on story and special section development
• Work collaboratively with Art/Production on developing special sections and story packages
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
• Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years newsroom experience
• Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Competitive comp plan
• People Newspapers benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability and retirement savings.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and resume to Josh Baethge at [email protected] no phone calls please.