Production Manager/Graphic Designer
People Newspapers a D Magazine affiliate, is seeking a Production Manager to produce two monthly community newspapers, special section magazines, and various digital products.
• Work with editors and photographers to design and produce print and digital newspapers, magazines, website content and e-newsletters
• Work with sales department to design and produce advertisements to be placed in all People Newspapers print and digital products
• Work with Publisher and other key staff members on marketing material, sales pieces and client proposals
• Manage relationship with production team at print facility
• Assist with development of special sections
• Manage placement and scheduling of content and advertisements on websites
• Manage design/photography interns
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
• 2+ year’s experience in graphic design and/or production. Journalism experience a plus.
• Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• High level of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 for Mac, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Distiller, and Acrobat.
• Experienced in assessing and enhancing CMYK and B&W photography and art for press ready production. Working knowledge of pre-fighting files, performing quality evaluations, and making necessary revisions in order to ensure quality reproduction.
• Experienced in web content production utilizing; WordPress, MailChimp, Wufoo, and DoubleClick. Knowledge of HTML CSS a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player
• Loyal, honest, high-energy, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Compensation commensurate with experience
• Benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, paid holidays, and personal days
Send Cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Pat Martin [email protected]
Freelance Reporters and Photographers
People Newspapers is seeking smart, self-motivated freelance reporters and photographers for our monthly newspapers. Freelancers must be able to meet provided deadlines. Previous published journalism experience is preferred. Applicants must provide at least three samples of work. Knowledge of AP Style is necessary. WordPress experience is a plus. For writers, the ability to meet with sources in person is not mandatory but is preferred. Photographers must have flexible schedules and means of transportation. Demonstrated knowledge of our coverage area and audiences is preferable.
To apply, email a cover letter, your resume, and work samples to [email protected].