Advertising Account Executive
People Newspapers, a D Magazine affiliate, is looking for a smart, creative advertising sales person to join our team. Candidates must be resourceful self-starters able to thrive in high pressure, but fun, environments.
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create new business opportunities through personal selling activities and effective networking
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients.
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND SALES ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills and committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network.
- Ability to get in front of high-level decision makers
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Reporters and Photographers
People Newspapers is seeking smart, self-motivated freelance reporters and photographers for our monthly newspapers. Freelancers must be able to meet provided deadlines. Previous published journalism experience is preferred. Applicants must provide at least three samples of work. Knowledge of AP Style is necessary. WordPress experience is a plus. For writers, the ability to meet with sources in person is not mandatory but is preferred. Photographers must have flexible schedules and means of transportation. Demonstrated knowledge of our coverage area and audiences is preferable.
To apply, email a cover letter, your resume, and work samples to email@example.com.