People Newspapers Editor
People Newspapers, a D Magazine affiliate is seeking an Editor to oversee and steward the publication of our two monthly community newspapers; Park Cities People and Preston Hollow People as well as ancillary publications both in print and online.
• Manage assistant editor and a team of freelance writers and photographers
• Assign and edit stories for both editions
• Work with writers on story and special section development
• Work collaboratively with Publisher and Production on developing special sections and story packages
• Act as voice for the paper in the community by being involved
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
• Bachelor’s degree + 3-4 years newsroom experience
• Management experience a plus
• Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Indesign, InCopy, and WordPress
• Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Competitive compensation plan
• People Newspapers benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability and retirement savings.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and resume to Pat Martin at email@example.com.
Freelance Reporters and Photographers
People Newspapers is seeking smart, self-motivated freelance reporters and photographers for our monthly newspapers. Freelancers must be able to meet provided deadlines. Previous published journalism experience is preferred. Applicants must provide at least three samples of work. Knowledge of AP Style is necessary. WordPress experience is a plus. For writers, the ability to meet with sources in person is not mandatory but is preferred. Photographers must have flexible schedules and means of transportation. Demonstrated knowledge of our coverage area and audiences is preferable.
To apply, email a cover letter, your resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.