Category: Community

Instagram-Worthy Yoga With Bunnies, Goats, and Dogs

If you're looking to step up your yoga game and enter into extreme happiness, bunny yoga just might be the tool. 

The Farm-to-City fitness series is returning to the Jewish Community Center of Dallas (The J) every Sunday in March and April and is bringing with it some fun activities including Bunny Yoga, Adopt Me - Dog Yoga, and the ever-popular Goat Yoga. 

Michelle Obama Joins Dallas Panel

According to a McKinsey stud, at the current rate of progress, it would take more than 100 years for the upper reaches of U.S. corporations to achieve gender parity.

When Hattie Hill, president, and CEO of Women's Foodservice Forum, read that study her instinctive reaction was to step up – something she and WFF had been doing for nearly 30 years.

Too Many Tune Ups

“Diagnostics” is the key word that has governed my life lately.

Bodies, automobiles, and computers all are run through diagnostics when in for a tune up of some sort.

Not being able to sleep on my right side took me back to the orthopedist. Since I’ve already had rotator cuff surgery, the diagnosis was bursitis attributed to what we boomers hear with regularity, “aging.”

PCLDA Spring Flower Sale to Begin

Clean out your vases because the Park Cities Learning Difference Association Spring Flower sale begins March 1.

Herbs, flowering annuals, ornamental grasses, bulbs and more are available for ordering online. Orders can be placed at

Free delivery will be available for all orders on April 19 just in time for spring planting. Orders can be placed through March 25.

PCLDA is a group which raises funds and hosts educational events, which are geared to HPISD families who have students with learning differences. This sale raises money that goes toward teacher training and special programs for HPISD students.

The Dallas Arboretum is Blooming

The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, named by Architectural Digest as one of the "15 Breathtaking Botanical Gardens to Visit This Season," will present Dallas Blooms, its annual floral festival that is the largest in the Southwest, from February 24 to April 8.

Themed "A World of Flowers," this year's festival will feature an explosion of color from more than 500,000 spring-blooming blossoms, thousands of azaleas and hundreds of Japanese cherry trees.