The triangle-ish parking space in front of Cotton Island at Hillcrest and Daniel is a mysterious and powerful force.
• Is it even a parking space? There’s solid yellow lines surrounding it and even some of those little reflective, raised bumpy things on the side but people park there and, in fact, celebrate scoring the spot.
• If it’s an actual parking space, is it designed for one car, or two?
• And if it is designed for two, is it bumper to bumper style or side by side?
• It is basically front row not only to Cotton Island but to J.D. Chippery, Mustang, Impeccable Pig and several other shops.
• You do not have to back out to the traffic on Hillcrest when leaving.
But there are some serious problems with the space- recurring issues that make this area the Bermuda Triangle of the Park Cities.
• If you aren’t careful you can easily get blocked in by the obvious illegal parkers behind you in the diagonal yellow lines and also in front by scofflaw drivers who park behind the 2 parallel spaces in front of J.D. Chippery.
• If another car pulls in, treating the area like a 2 car space, you might have trouble opening the door when returning to your vehicle.
We need rules on this. And signage.