The 88th annual Linz Award Luncheon is approaching, as is the deadline for nominations. The award, presented by The Dallas Morning News and Zales Jewelers, recognizes an individual who has made selfless, long-lasting contributions to the city of Dallas.
Nominations must include the completed forms, three letters of recommendation, and all supplemental information attached in order. All must be submitted by Nov. 1.
To be considered for the award, nominees must fit the following criteria:
- Have achieved extraordinary success participating in recent civic or humanitarian activities in Dallas.
- Be involved in community activities over the past decade.
- Have never received monetary compensation for their work.
- Be available to attend the award luncheon at the Omni Hotel March 8, 2017.
- Not be an elected official.
- Not be a previous Linz Award recipient.
- Be an individual or married couple. Nominations of groups will not be considered.
- Not be a Dallas Morning News, A.H. Belo Corporation, or Zales Jewelers employee.
The award was created by one of the founders of Linz Jewelers, Simon Linz, before it was acquired by Zales Jewelers in 1989.
The event, organized by members of the Junior League of Dallas, benefits the JLD’s Community Service Fund. It will be held at the Omni Hotel March 8, 2017.