Historically Landmarked

Four Park Cities homes were recently landmarked by the Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society, bringing the total amount of landmarked buildings in the Park Cities to 226.

The homeowners were celebrated March 24 at a landmarking ceremony where University Park councilman Taylor Armstrong shared notable facts about the homes on a neighborhood tour. Homes included a 1933 Cape Cod owned by Glenda and Jerry Cotner; the former home of Dorothy Malone – now owned by Luci and Chris Armstrong; a Prairie style Italian Renaissance combination recently restored by Suzie and Bunker Curnes; and the 1941 French colonial/New Orleans home of Venise and Larry Stuart.

Built in 1916, and former home of Sally and John Stemmons, this prairie styled Italian Renaissance home was renovated by Suzie and Bunker Curnes. (Courtesy photo)
Designed by Harwood K. Smith in 1941, this French colonial was one of the first in its community to use antique brick. The home is now owned by Venise and Larry Stuart. (Courtesy photo)
The 1933 Cape Code inspired home, now owned by Glenda and Jerry Cotner, includes its original sleeping balcony and tiles on the front porch. (Courtesy photo)
With a heavy focus on the arts its no wonder this Fairfax Avenue home once belonged to actress Dorothy Malone. (Courtesy photo)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *