Nina Sachse – REAL ESTATE
Business: The Rhodes Group at Compass
High School: Peoria Notre Dame
Community Involvement: Cattle Baron’s- I have been a member since 2012. This year I am co-chairing Membership; Junior League of Dallas- I have been a member since 2009; Armstrong Bradfield Preschool Association- I am a home tour co-chair for 2018; Lamplighter- I am on the auction committee for 2018-2019
After attending school at SMU, Nina Sachse couldn’t imagine leaving her adopted hometown. So, she stayed and went on to become an indelible member of the Park Cities and Dallas communities and business world as a real estate agent where her approach to service mirrors her approach to her work as a real estate agent: energetic, innovative, diligent, and focused. She has been a member of The Cattle Baron’s Ball since 2012 and the Junior League of Dallas since 2009.
What is the best advice you received when beginning your career? The best advice I received at the beginning of my career was to LISTEN and stop talking. If you don’t know the answer to a question, say you don’t know the answer, but make sure you find the right answer.
What is your business philosophy? I am here to help serve the needs of my clients and to help them achieve their goals.
What inspires you? I have a couple of inspirations.
1. My brother is a huge inspiration for me. He is the Vice President of Business Development at WME. He is always thinking outside of the box and what the next big thing/person will be. I love getting his advice.
2. My family inspires me daily to be a better person and to work hard to fulfill our families dreams.
3. My mother inspires me. Even though she is no longer alive, I know she is guiding me daily.
4. Lastly, but definitely not least, my clients. I am here to guide them, but at the end of the day, I am always learning something from them.
If you could tell 16-year-old you anything, what would you say? Don’t worry…. Life is full of surprises and just let life happen.
What is your proudest career accomplishment? My proudest career accomplishment was becoming a member of The Rhodes Group. I had sold on my own for a couple of years prior to becoming a part of The Rhodes Group. I always admired how they took care of their clients, their market knowledge, and their love for the real estate business. I was thrilled when I was asked to join the team.
What did you learn from your best boss or mentor? I have been lucky to have two mentors in the real estate world.
1. My Mother- She was a top producer in Peoria, IL for decades, pioneering the real estate team concept locally. Growing up, I was able to see how much she cared for her clients, her team, and the city she lived in. She always strived to help her clients reach their goals and dreams, and she always had a smile on her face. She always told me to love what I do. She passed in 2014 and her spirit lives inside me.
2. Tom Rhodes- I feel so lucky to learn from one the best agents in Dallas. Tom has taught me many things over the years, but one lesson stands out the most, “there is nothing more important than your reputation.”
What was your first summer job? I worked at a clothing store in my hometown.
What do you love about your community? I came to Dallas 18 years ago to attend SMU. I fell in love with the Dallas from the start of my SMU days and have continued my love for the city. I feel so lucky to live in a city that has so much to offer their residents (schools, parks, the arts, restaurants, etc.) Dallas is a very welcoming city to people who move from out of state. I think that says a lot about our community and what a great place Dallas is to live in. Dallas is an easy sell.
Where is the best place for a business power lunch in Park Cities or Preston Hollow? Honor Bar. It’s located in one of the prettiest shopping centers in the US and the food is really good.
What is your fondest Park Cities or Preston Hollow memory? My husband and I love taking our kids to the Highland Park pool during the summer. My kids can’t get enough of it!
Where will we find you enjoying your hard-earned time off? You will find me at home with my family, on the Katy Trail, and at The Pilates Barre!
What do you want your last meal to be? My grandmother’s spaghetti and meatball recipe.
What is your favorite color? Pink- I have learned to love the color pink ever since my daughter, Rose was born.
What fictional world or place would you like to visit? The Emerald City. The Wizard of Oz was one of my favorite movies of my childhood.
If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose? The Voice. I secretly wish I was a singer/songwriter.
What would your superpower be? Read minds …. How cool would that be?!